Where do I begin? As a type, there are butterflies in my stomach.
You guys, Yoga Dear is growing into something beautiful - community, connection, love, learning, movement, healing, acceptance, curiosity. It started as a dream on an airport floor, and over the last few years it’s really come to life. I’ve always known it’s bigger than our beautiful studio in Lewisburg. I’ve always known that new directions would show themselves as well as opportunities to share this message beyond central Pennsylvania. And, here it is. The big thing we have to tell you:
Eugene, Bodhi, and I are moving away. Wow, even as I type it doesn’t seem real. We are moving to Providence, Rhode Island. Eugene has been offered a fabulous position at Brown University and we are so thrilled for him and for a new place. For the ocean, for the arts, for the new adventures. Please know that this decision wasn’t made lightly. I’ll be honest -- I’ve had many, many nights where I’ve sobbed about making this change, about leaving my yoga family. But, I know this is the absolute right thing to do. My hours in meditation have told me so. It’s time for me to expand Yoga Dear and her offerings. It’s an opportunity for growth and for possibility, for spreading a message I so strongly believe in.
So, what does that mean for you? What does that mean for Yoga Dear? You don’t need to worry, because Yoga Dear, the studio in Lewisburg, will remain open. It’s because of you that it’s strong enough to do so without my daily presence. Teacher Training will still take place, too (and I'm super excited about it!). I know you may have a bunch of questions, so here is my attempt to answer a few:
What will change?
- Current Yoga Dear teachers and/or new to YD teachers will take over our classes on the weekly schedule, and, you guys, we have an AMAZING team of the most talented teachers in the area...make that way beyond it.
- We will be hiring a new Studio Manager. This position will go out soon, but you can expect our new Studio Manager to be working regular hours in the studio and taking on big tasks that continue to nurture our community.
- How we (you and me) interact. You’ll see me online more. I’ll be on Instagram, sharing a weekly #YogaDearTalk that discusses these letters. I'm also working on another online platform, podcasts, and blog posts.
What will stay the same?
- The class schedule itself will continue - you love Sunny Side? It’s still there! All Levels at 5:45 p.m.? We’ve got ya covered.
- Regular Tuesday letters! I will still be showing up in your inbox, writing to you about yoga teachings, sharing stories and updates about our new home, as well as new business directions.
- And, on that note, the Prenatal/Postnatal Yoga Dear Mama letters will continue, too.
- Teacher Training! I will be traveling back to Lewisburg to lead Teacher Trainingweekends as well as teach Master Classes on those weekends that ANYONE is welcome to attend. Lewisburg is now a special place for me and I want to continue my in person classes where I can.
You mentioned new opportunities for Yoga Dear...what does that mean?
- Yoga Dear has always been an expression of my philosophy towards teaching, which is a means to move the body, but also to heal and I’m ready to build that piece. I am studying to become a certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT). I know I’ll be offering Private Yoga Therapy sessions in person and online upon our move, and will be working on a thesis that studies the benefits of a Yoga Therapy program for preconception, pregnancy, and the postpartum period.
- Yoga Dear will play in the digital space. Yay! We’ll be creating yoga videos and building Yoga Dear Mama Online, as well as launching our podcast, The Way is Through. The blog will grow to have a larger presence. I hope you’ll follow.
- I will continue to train teachers, as well as lead purpose driven international retreats (Yoga Dear reunion anyone?).
- What about another studio? To be honest, I have several thoughts, but need more time to explore Providence and understand how Yoga Dear will serve this community. We shall see.
I want you to know that YOU have made this place special. Three years ago, I sought to create a space where I would want to practice yoga, where I might be surrounded by warmth and like-minded souls. You’ve made it real. You’ve given it vibrancy. I am forever thankful. So, this is not goodbye. It’s a thank you. Thank you for being a part of this dream. And, hey, maybe you’ll visit us in Providence. ;) If you're around this weekend, I would welcome all the hugs. Thank you thank you thank you.
With so much love and gratitude and hugs and happy tears,
Leanne (and Eugene & Bodhi)