Mamas & Babies Week!
Tuesday, January 16 - Saturday, January 20, 2018
Over the last year, we’ve seen our prenatal yoga community grow. And with that comes babies! And a need to support new mamas, while continuing to nurture mamas-to-be. We’re excited to announce our Mamas & Babies Week this January where we’ll be sharing FREE community yoga classes + giveaway drawings just for joining us in class. Check out:
- Free Prenatal Yoga on Tuesday, January 16 at 7:00 - 8:15 p.m. w/Leanne Matullo
- Free Baby & Me Yoga on Wednesday, January 17 at 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. w/Keris Timol
Free POSTnatal Yoga Bodyshop (w/baby whisperers on hand!) on Saturday, January 20 at 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. w/Leanne Matullo
What can you expect from our Prenatal, Baby & Me, and Postnatal sessions?
- Classes led by teachers who are dedicated to creating a positive, peaceful, and supportive experience for mothers and babies
- Yoga instruction that is safe for the prenatal and postpartum body
- Childbirth/postpartum education, and time for connection with your baby
Meeting expectant mothers, new mamas, and friends in a friendly and fun environment
We hope you’ll celebrate mamas and babies with us! For every class you attend, you’ll be entered to win giveaways like gift certificates to Yoga Dear, baby wraps, books, and more. Prenatal Yoga and Baby & Me 6-Week Series will follow this weeklong program. POSTnatal Yoga “Bodyshops” will be announced as well as specialty workshops for our prenatal and postnatal population. Can’t wait to see you there! Register via the button below and adjust calendar to the week of January 14, 2018.
Prenatal Yoga weaves together yoga movement, breath, childbirth education & body awareness, along with a wonderful community of women. Here, you'll deepen the connection to your body, mind, and growing baby in classes especially crafted for your needs throughout all trimesters - and no prior yoga experience is necessary!
Prenatal Yoga 6 Week Series
w/ Leanne Matullo, E-RYT, RPYT
Tuesday, January 23 - Tuesday, February 27, 2018
7:oo - 8:15 p.m.
During a prenatal yoga session, we will:
- Address any aches or concerns, and apply therapeutic applications to support your changing body (i.e. alleviating nausea, backache, swelling, round ligament pain, and more)
- Move through poses and breathing techniques that prepare your body for labor, strengthen and lengthen muscles, optimize the pelvic floor, improve digestion and circulation, exercise the spine, and increase overall comfort
- Briefly explore themes for each class, including laboring positions, hormones involved in birth, building a team of support, and more
- Connect with other women in an atmosphere that's warm, safe, and fun!
Each session will include 15 minutes of conversation to start class, followed by a 50 minute yoga session and end with a deep relaxation. We'll move through a yoga flow together, practice breathing techniques to aid in labor, learning laboring positions, practice adjustments and light massage to support your pregnancy and birth experience.
**Please also join our Facebook group - Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Dears - for more information and to meet other women. $115 for the 6 week series // The pro-rated rate of any classes not used can go towards future offerings at Yoga Dear // $95 for Yearly Members // Packages available for Prenatal Yoga + Regular Yoga classes, too.
All sessions led by studio owner and director, Leanne Matullo, E-RYT & RPYT. Leanne trained in prenatal and postnatal yoga with the Prenatal Yoga Center in NYC. Leanne welcomed her first baby in July, and specializes in women's health and wellness surrounding fertility, pre-conception, prenatal, and postnatal care.
Baby & Me
6 Week Series w/Keris Timol
Wednesday, January 24 - Wednesday, February 28, 2018
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Take time to relax and connect with your little one in Baby and Me Yoga! In this class, we’ll guide you to develop and strengthen the spiritual, emotional and physical bond between you and your baby. Each session will include yoga postures for you and for baby, interactive songs, and infant massage. Babies will be placed on a blanket at the front of your mat. Please feel free to change or feed your baby during class as needed. No yoga experience is necessary. This is perfect for moms and/or dads with infants from six weeks old to crawling. $115 for the series // $95 for Yearly Members.
Postnatal Yoga "Body"shops to be announced!
POSTnatal Yoga "Body"shops
Free Community Session! Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
3- Part Series - all sessions at 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.:
- Saturday, February 24, 2018 - Focus on your core
- Saturday, March 17, 2018 - Strengthen the pelvic floor and lower back muscles
- Saturday, April 14, 2018 - Open the chest and shoulders
POSTnatal Yoga will reacquaint you with your body after undergoing a transformational experience - physically, mentally, and emotionally. Learn how to safely restore your core. Practice exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor post-delivery (this is essential!). Open up the shoulders and chest after so much baby carrying and feeding. Enjoy your body in these workshops focused on building your muscle strength, gentle stretching, and healing after birth.
Bring your babies! While POSTnatal is focused on mamas, there will be interaction with babies. Feel free to nurse, rock, sway your baby throughout the practice. Baby whisperers will be on site to care for your little one during practice. Suitable for new mamas 6-8+ weeks postpartum. $25 per Bodyshop // $55 for the whole series // $45 for the whole series for Yearly Members.