The weather has been so up and down here in central PA, no? As I type, the temperature is nearing 60 degrees, but in a few days the high will be 26. Wha?? When this happens, I often here the sniffles in the studio. Some sneezing. Some coughing.
So, what's a yoga studio owner to do to keep the space clean, fresh, and inviting? How do we disinfect the studio? How do we clean the rental mats? Enter one of my very favorite essential oils that I use the whole year through...THIEVES. Thieves Essential Oil has been tested and shown to support the immune system and good health. And, it's spicy aroma is a bonus, too!
What's in Thieves Essential Oil?
How to use?
- Diffuse Thieves essential oil for 10 minutes, three times daily to freshen the air
- Place a few drops in a spray bottle of water and use to clean surfaces in the home (kitchen countertops, end tables, doorknobs, yoga mats!)
- Dilute in a carrier oil (like coconut oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil) and place on the bottoms of feet to boost your immune system
- Put a few drops on cotton balls or a cloth and keep in your yoga or gym bag to reduce odors
What's the story on Thieves?
- Thieves oil is inspired by the legend of four 15th century French thieves. Although they spent their days robbing sick and dying people (not very yogic, right?), they are said to have escaped contracting the plague and other nasty diseases. Legend has it that they doused themselves with a special herbal concoction to protect themselves from infection...hence Thieves.
There are so many ways to use Thieves. Check out this blog post to learn more: https://www.youngliving.com/blog/celebrate-25-years-of-thieves-with-our-top-25-uses/. Disclaimer: I use Young Living at home and in the studio; however, please make sure to use the product that's right for you! If you ever have questions about essential oils, do share!